Friday, June 15, 2007

So Much Easier

The hardest part of the nutrition aspect of the plan you and I put together has been the distractions and temptations in the house. Last night I convinced my girlfriend that in order for me to succeed and achieve my goals I would need her help in with my new lifestyle change. She agreed and we went through the entire refrigerator and pantry and tossed out almost everything. There are now no trans-fats, hydrogenated oils or soda in the house. Then we made a trip to the store and bought tons of healthy foods including fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and crystal light. Now that I am not the only one in my household on a diet, it is going to be so much easier to stay on it.

8 comments:

fatman2ironman said...

Tony.

You train to get stronger, not to lose weight.

Once you are done training, think nutrition.

Weight loss is 100% nutrition.

In the DVD "What it Takes" They interview Peter Reid, 3x World Champ. ( Who I saw in San Fran) He said he has no food at his house. If it was there he would eat it. So he buys his food every day.

He has to do this, and training is his JOB!

I hope to see you out at the underground next wk.

Jeff Banas

Unknown said...

Excellent!

There are lots of foods I won't keep in the house because I'll only eat 'em! And for the most part, I really don't miss them.

LBTEPA said...

It's easier if you think of it as a lifestyle change than a 'diet' - good on you both!

Tri-Angle said...

Great Discipline Tony

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Fantastic idea! And what a great way for her to support you. This will undoubtably make a big difference in your day to day nutrition. Yeah!

Comm's said...

Stock up on sparkling water, it saves my daily intake.

Chile said...

Hey Tony,
Keep up the good work. It will certainly not be easy but you now have Iron will behind you! Keep up the good work and if have any trouble with motivation or what not... just come out to a AZ Tri workout and we'll get you on track! I'll be in Texas this weekend... but if you do the underground, good luck and remember there is beer at the finish... (you have to drink the light beer... remember the diet)
Andy

Di said...

That's the way to get on a healthy eating plan. The whole house has to be onboard. Just remember, eating healthy doesn't mean starving yourself!!