Sunday, June 3, 2007

Locked and Loaded






I woke up early in the morning a couple of days ago and went to the office of my coach, Nick. He hooked me up to a couple machines that measure my target metabolic zones and tell me precisely how many calories my body actually burns, and calculates how many calories I should eat in order to healthily achieve my weight loss goal.


The results showed that my metabolism is very slow (31% slower then where it should be). Basically the calories are not going to burn off by themselves, I am going to have to burn a good portion of them by training and working out. I was given a nutrition plan that lays out a diet that ranges between 1500 and 1800 calories a day. This is going to help my lose weight do to the fact that I burn 2339 calories a day. This caloric deficit is going to help me shed those pounds baby!

I was very encouraged after he Nick educated my on the purpose of these tests and how they apply to what I am trying to accomplish. With my new workout plan, and my new nutritional plan, I am locked and loaded and ready to Rock!

My next Triathlon is in a little less then a month. I will not show huge physical differences between it and my previous race, but there will sure be a huge mental difference!

4 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Excellent plan. "Knowing is half the battle."

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Great plan -- and great that you now have that knowledge to inform your daily decisions. I see a whole lotta whole foods and muscle building in your future!!

Comm's said...

Nick is very good.

Anonymous said...

Не соглашусь с теми [url=http://tutledy.ru/o-muzhskom-tele/69-samyye-bolshiye-muzhchiny.html]самые большие мужчины[/url]