Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Get Up And Fight Some More

Today’s weight = 266

I have been on a sugar ban for the past few days and I am dropping pounds like crazy. I figure I can kick my sugar addiction and dependence if I can go two weeks with out a gram of sugar (excluding those found in fruits and vegetables). I know that the first few pounds are the easiest, but I am still very encouraged. Mentally I need to be strong enough to stick with the new lifestyle when I am tempted to drop it. My downfall in the past has always been my inability to immediately get back on track after I have succumbed to a particular food temptation.

I need to accept the fact there will be some small failures along the way; it inevitably is going to happen. The question is: How am I going to deal with it? I will accept the failure, learn from it, get back on track, and move on towards better health.
Do time time constraints my run scheduled for tonight will be postponed until tomorrow morning. Also, this weekend I will write and post some pictures of the wedding and honeymoon.

As a side note, I realized just how long an NBA game truly is last night. I got on the treadmill at the beginning of the second quarter of the NBA championship and completed my one hour session just before they tipped off for the second half.


Resting metabolic rate = 1642
Calories consumed = 1385
Exercise = 0

Caloric Deficit = 257

2 comments:

Comm's said...

I went over five years without sugar. 9/11 shocked me out of the habit. Long story.

Its a great decision, that can be done long term. Find suitable cheats when you can. Sugar free chocolate, sugar subsitutes have gotten so much better, I have heard of one thats Xylum or some such, I spelled it wrong for sure.

At restaurants I found i can still fit in at desert by ordering a bowl of fresh fruit minus the ice cream or whip cream that comes with it.

There is certainly benefits to what your doing and simple ways to not deprive yourself.

Ryan said...

Welcome Back!

I just started getting into this blogging thing when you disappeared.

Good luck with the no sugar thing, gotta be touch.

My wife did the no carb/sugar for a few weeks, WOW! Very effective.

Good luck and I'll check in again