Thursday, May 24, 2007

Why It's Different

I received an email over the weekend that demonstrates the spirit of triathlon, so I thought I would share it;

“Hey Tony,

Rumor is your doing IM AZ next year. Good for you. What's your training plan? Maybe I can help in your quest from "Fat Ass to Bad Ass." Yes, went to your site and am excited for you to make it through Ironman. I want to help Tony. Can we get together sometime soon and go over what it will take for you to not only finish the Ironman but do well? Let me know buddy.”

.
I have never participated in a sport other than Triathlon where the overwhelming outreach and support has been so immense. The people I have met, the experiences I have shared with both family and friends, and the comprehension of life’s little lessons after a big challenge, are all priceless parts of Triathlon. Plus it is a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Chix dig it? Woo hoo!

Unknown said...

The fun part is good, too. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a way to spend Memorial weekend. You might of "spun" all the way to Flagstaff and back and didn't even get off your bike.
Keep on "spinning" those pounds.