Saturday, May 26, 2007

Spinning My Wheels

Oh my God this is tough!

I am sweating like crazy, where is that Towel?


How much longer?


My legs are on Fire!


Unmentionable body parts just went numb!


How close is the nearest hospital?


Feel the Burn!


Hold on for the last 20 seconds!


5 more seconds, give it everything you have!


Yes, it's finally over. It was the most intense thing I have done in ten years, but I did it!


What does he mean that is only the first out of four sets?



I went to my first spin class and boy was it tough. The class was supposed to start at 6pm, but when I got there 15 minutes early I saw that others had already set up there bikes and started riding. I got on my bike and started spinning away at a comfortable pace for the next 12 minutes. I was sweating up a storm and my legs were starting to get tired. Then the coach walked in and stated the the class was going to start in 3 minutes. What?


We started what he called a strength spinning session that just about killed me. I was pedaling as fast as I could and changing into different gears as instructed by the coach at during specific time intervals. Once he stated that we were finished I started to get off the bike so I could lay down next to it and get my breath back. I was so thankful I had survived that horrible ordeal. Once my coach saw me getting off the bike he came over to ask if everything was OK. I told him this spin thing was the most intense thing I had done in over ten years, but I was proud of myself for sticking with it and completing my first spin class. That is when he told me to get back on the bike because that was just the first of four sets. What?


When it was all said and done I was very sore, the color of my face was bright red, and I chugged about a gallon of water. Oh the joys of melting away fat and getting back into shape!


1 comment:

LBTEPA said...

Ooooh that sounds hard work :) but it's getting you where you want to go :)