Friday, May 11, 2007

The Right Direction

As I was getting ready to jump in the lake early this morning my friend Ben asked me when I would start wearing my nice Ironman wetsuit again. I told him that I was still 36 pounds heavier then the weight limit the manufacturer recomends. I went on to say that I tried to fit in it last week and I thought I was going to rip the zipper right out of the back of the suit. Even though 36 pounds feels like a long ways to go, I am six pounds closer now then I was a week ago. Last week I hit the scales at 262, and this morning I weighed in at 256. I am sure that it is all water weight, but it sure does feel good to see the scale start to head the other direction.
.
Ben and I went to Saguaro Lake this morning and had a great time. The water was calm and it seemed as though we had the lake to ourselves. We swam at a relaxed pace a little over a half mile to a rock outcrop then headed back in. In total we put in 1.14 miles in an hour of fulfillment. Cklick here to watch the swim.

1 comment:

LBTEPA said...

Hey, thanks for the lovely comment :)
and I've just read your race report - well done! That was tough!