Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Greetings


Welcome to my site! This is my first post and I have to say that I am very excited about the journey I am about to embark on. I figure I will need to lose 80 lbs by April 13, 2008, to reduce the amount of suffering in the Ironman Arizona.
As you can see from the photo I am quite overweight. I currently weigh 262 and I WILL compete in the Ironman next spring at or below 182 pounds. How will I lose the weight? The only way I know how - with humor.
Why would I call myself fat? Because I am, it is what it is. I am also slow, especially when compared to other triathletes. I used to be a whole lot slower, but then I learned how to stand on two feet and walk. Since then my speed has pretty much plateaued and leveled off.
Ok, I am ready to rock out! I have 347 days until Ironman Arizona. Lets Git-R-Done.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tony,

I really like your new web page. I am so proud of all you have accomplished thus far and I know it's just the beginning for you. I believe in you and know you can be successful at anything you want bad enough. I am so honored to part of "Team Tony" and I am looking forward to our future. You will always be my bad ass. We love you. M, F, & L - Go Team Tony!

Unknown said...

Update: it's been 12 years since I started this site and it appears I have slipped back into an unhealthy stage of my life. I have lost 23 pounds since New Year's and I need to keep moving forward. I will keep you posted.