Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Too Much Free Time On My Hands


I have been working hard lately on my transitions. I am slow enough as it is, so if I can pick up some free time somewhere I am going to do it. I am really pleased with the progress I have been making bringing down my times. I went up to the lake this weekend with a couple friends and we worked on our transitions for about three hours. Yes, I said three hours. I am so glad I did.

Take a look at some of my past races and how slow my transition times were:
Soma 2005… T1=11:49…T2=9:13
Soma 2006….T1=7:10…..T2=3:40
St. George..…T1=7:19..…T2=2:59

That is all just time wasted, time I gave away. What was I thinking? I still needed to complete the distance, so I might as well have been moving forward on the course instead of resting in the transition area. I am going to start taking pride in my transitions and work hard at having clean, smooth, and fast times coming out of T1 and T2.


I love this sport.


8 comments:

LBTEPA said...

11.49? Crikey!
What a huge improvement you will see at your next race!

Bigun said...

it's easy to dawdle in transition - sounds like you've figured out a thing to work on - that's awesome. Good luck on your journey!

Unknown said...

Keep on perfecting!

Brent Buckner said...

My transitions are dead slow. I like to think that I get back some of the time because I'm more rested. :-)

S. Baboo said...

Keep up the good work on transitions...as you have identified, they are part of the race.

I bet you know Andy of AZ Tri Club, he;s my AZ brotha...we did IMAZ 07 together...he didn't recognize me at one point during the run because he was like mid-bonk or something.

Comm's said...

Hey tony, good job. been wondering how you have been.

Carrie said...

I love your attitude!

Spandex King said...

I came across your blog today. Great Blog!! Good luck to you in your training!!