Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Reflection and Inspiration

What a glorious weekend it was. Surrounded by family and good friends I sure had a magnificent time. The weather was spectacular, the ocean was phenomenal, and the beer was flowing smoothly. The race did not quite go as projected, but it was an excellent starting point. I can only get faster! This past weekend reaffirmed my notion that sportsmanship in Triathlon is unparalleled in the world of sports. Everyone including the athletes, spectators, volunteers, and family members were extremely supportive and encouraging.
I am incredibly motivated after this past weekend to lose more weight and improve my skills and time, and become the true Bad Ass I know I can be. I figure one pound lost = at least one minute faster. If I can shed 15 pounds by my next race I should be at least 15 minutes faster.

6 comments:

BradyB said...

I like the renewed vigor. This Sunday at Lake Saguaro!!!

Comm's said...

outstanding. Time to step it up

Anonymous said...

Orange is your color! You were looking pretty sassy in your AzTri club colors. Good luck on the healing process, it can only get easier with your great attitude. Love the blog.

Glen said...

I must say the AZ Tri club is going to be looking pretty good by the time Ironmna comes around again next year.

Brent Buckner said...

Glad the glow lasted!

Anonymous said...

Tony,
Good work and as the cable guy says in his best southern accent, "get herr done!"